Sunday, June 24, 2007

I can't believe I forgot to tell you about this....




This is the Molly Bag, from Lantern Moon, it is without a doubt the best sock knitting bag I have ever owned (not that I've owned many, lol). It would probably be a good bag for a lot of small knitting projects. The picture on the top is everything I have crammed into the bag, and there is still room for one more sock project. I have my Lantern Moon dpn needle case, two skeins of yarn, my pda, some hair thingies, my cell phone and sundry receipts and mail, oh and, of course, the patterns for the socks. The thing I really love about this bag is it has four pockets surrounding one center pocket (which has a cell phone pocket and a zippered pocket), I put all my knitting stuff in the outside pockets and the yarn doesn't get tangled w/keys and other irritating things like that. It is just big enough to carry everything but not so big you don't need to clean out the extra crap once in a while. By extra crap I know you all realize I mean non knitting related paraphernalia. I really love this bag and, in fact, can also see it being used in for things other than knitting, or in conjunction to knitting.... if I was still in that stage of life it would be a great knitting/diaper bag. I had seen the bag on Lantern Moon's website and immediately ran to my favourite yarn store, to beg them to order some. Well, it took a while and one trade show (where they got to see the Molly Bag) but finally they had the bags in their store. I showed up the day after the bags arrived and, while they only ordered three, one of each color the blue was already gone, as you can see I got the red. I think the orange was gone in the next few days. I do believe they've ordered more, which is a good thing as I am trying to convince everyone I know to get one. K, I'm sorry the bag is too small to tote your sweater anywhere... but I hope to get to it soon....Later, CJ

1 comment:

crochetrocks said...

I can send you one big enough for the sweater!!